Almost everyone one of us have experienced gas but some people are bothered more. Sometimes, excessive gas can turn out to be painful and uncomfortable. Having a proper and balanced diet can cure your gas trouble symptoms and make you feel comfortable. In addition to gas relief medicines, here are some home remedies for gas that can be easily found in our kitchen may double as natural gas relievers.
- Eat slowly: Eating slowly is one of the most important remedy for curing gas. When you eat too hurriedly or while you walk then you take in air along with the food which can lead you to have a gas problem. Quick eaters should slow down by properly chewing up each bite of food. Breaking down food through chewing helps in digestion and prevents gas troubles such as indigestion and bloating.
- Herbal tea: Herbal tea is good for digestion and lessens gas pain quite fast. It has been considered to be the best remedy to remove gas from stomach. So let us talk about how to remove gas from stomach. The most effective are:
- Ginger tea: Take 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger and a cup of water.
How to prepare:
- First of all, put the ginger into the water and then stew it for a few minutes.
- Strain the warm concoction and drink it.
- Or, you can also chew some small pieces of fresh ginger past meals. It will prevent the gas trouble
- Do this two-four times a day for better results.
Why does it work?
Ginger is extensively used as a cure for a large number of illnesses, ranging from digestive problems and fatigue to common cold and pain relief. Due to its carminative property, it gives fast and efficient relief from gas troubles by breaking up and ejecting the intestinal gas.
- Anise tea: Anise is a mild laxative and this tea must be consumed if gas accompanies diarrhea. But if you have gas due to constipation then Anise tea can be very helpful.
- Peppermint tea: Take a handful of peppermint leaves, a cup of steaming water and 1 teaspoon of honey
How to prepare:
ü Add the leaves into the hot steaming water. Boil it for a few minutes and then strain the concoction.
ü In this, add a teaspoon of honey, and hence, peppermint tea is ready.
ü Make sure to drink the tea whilst it’s warm.
How frequently you should do this:
Drinking this tea for 2-3 times a day can give you better results.
Why this tea works: Peppermint, also called as a wonder herb, is popular all across the world for its curative properties. Being rich in flavonoids, it has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. It relieves an irritated stomach and cures gastric problems.
- Apple cider vinegar and water: One of the best home remedies for curing gastric is adding apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and then consuming the solution. This should be taken before meal. This solution produces stomach acid and the digestive enzymes. It may also help to lessen gas pain rapidly. Make sure you rinse your mouth with water, as vinegar can harm tooth enamel.
- Heating: Use a hot water bag. It will release gas from the stomach. It will also relax your muscles and will ease the stomach pain caused due to gas.
- Pass A Motion –Bowel movements can pace up movement in the muscle linings of the large intestine. This will release the gas from stomach and will help it to find its way out.
- Fennel seeds: Take 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds and put it in a cup of hot water.
All you need to do is:
- Boil the seeds in the hot water for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it while it is still warm.
- Or you can simply chew a handful of fennel seeds to instantly get rid of the gas and heavy sensation.
How many times a day you should do this?
Do this 2-3 times a day and you will get better results.
Why does it work: In India, it is a well-liked practice to chomp fennel seeds after having a meal. The reason is: they not only act as a breath freshener but also stimulate digestion and cures gas troubles. Fennel seeds stop the gas formation when taken in the form of tea.
So these were some tried and tested tips to cure and prevent gas troubles. Healthy eating habit is what will help you in long run.