Horror, furious and suspicious places interest us a lot. These include ancient fortresses, dense forests, historical old homes or any other haunted place that have all weird or sinister feelings associated with them. There are several bizarre places, mysterious, horrible places in the world that have several freakish stories of tragic or ghostly incidents. Practically ghost concept is inapplicable but still, there are several places in the world that are famous for ghostly activities and have many dreadful stories associated with them. So in this article, let’s talk about the top 10 most haunted places of the world.
1. Bhangarh Fort, India: Bhangarh Fort is situated in Alwar city of Rajasthan state, India. This is one of the most haunted places of India& the world. According to the local people, there lived a religious tantric Singhia who tried several black magic tricks to win the Princess Ratnavali. The Princess was able to know his intentions & therefore ordered to kill him. Before his death, the tantrik gave the curse to the Royal family and cursed villagers that there will be roofless homes in the village.
2. Monte Cristo Homestead, Australia: Monte Cristo Homestead is one of the most haunted places in Australia. It is situated in the New Wales State, Australia. This is considered as one of the most horrible places of the world. Mrs. Crawley never came out of the house after the death of her husband for a period of 23 long years. She died in the house itself & her soul still haunts the house. It is also said that strange voices, flicker lights come from inside the house and some claim to see ghost roaming in the house.
3. Highgate Cemetery, England: The Highgate Cemetery was established in the year 1839. This cemetery is situated in North London & also considered as one of the most haunted places of the world. More than 1, 70, 000 people have already witnessed many abnormal activities at this place. People have noticed a 7 feet tall Highgate phantom vampire with blood red eyes & black coat. This story gained much popularity among the local civilians & hence this is considered as one of the most haunted places of the world.
4. Ancient Ram Inn, England: The Ancient Ram Inn is situated in Gloucestershire, England and has been a very popular place for suspicious & dreadful vampire activities. This place is very popular for malevolent stories. It is said that the owner of the house was snatched from his bed by the ghosts.
5. Mark King’s Close, Scotland: Beautiful Scotland has one of the most haunted places in the world. This place is famous as Mark King’s Close that was a series of streets that were settled underground & it also had tunnels in Edinburgh that had many homes as well as organizations in between 16th & 17th centuries. The plague broke down in the year 1645 & many people died. The local civilians say that they have noticed several paranormal activities here.
6. Akershus Castle, Norway: This one of the most beautiful yet haunted places in Norway. The Akershus Castle was built in the 1290s where Nazi executions had taken place. It is also said to be the most haunted or suspicious place where one can see the spirit of robed woman as well as Malcanisen dog. Whoever sees the soul of dog or robed woman is bound to die soon.
7. Chateau de Brissac, France: This is 11th Century castle, situated at Maine-et-Loire and is considered as one of the most dreadful places of the world. The castle had witnessed double murder. The spirit of the Lady in Green roams inside the entire castle. People have experienced very dreadful activities in the castle & they also say that one can even die by just seeing those activities.
8. Island of Dolls, Mexico: The Island of Dolls is one of the most haunted places of the world. There are several dolls which shows that there are several eyes of the dolls & the dolls are whispering, laughing which threatens the people.
9. St Augustine Lighthouse, USA: The St Augustine Lighthouse was built in the 19th Century. This is located in Florida, USA & this place is considered to be a famous spot for repeated paranormal activities to take place. People say that several ghosts wander in the Lighthouse such as the spirit of a woman, the spirit of two girls & many more.
10. Rose Hall, Jamaica: Rose Hall is a beautiful plantation house located at Montego Bay. One of the owners had killed her several husbands, slaves with the use of voodoo. Those murdered peoples spirit haunts the whole place. This is hence considered as one of the most haunted places in Jamaica.
There are also several other haunted places such as Castle of Good Hope, South Africa, Old Changi Hospital & Changi Beach, Singapore & many more. This is the list of top ten haunted places of the world.
The list is entirely based on personal opinion. Share your views in the comment box.