When we speak about food, we are always in love with it. There is numerous recipe loved by everyone. These recipes are not always the same. They are prepared by different methods and ingredients but one thing is the same and that is, these dishes are prepared with utmost love and care. And that is why; dishes are loved and are eaten with immense pleasure. Amongst these dishes, street foods are loved by all age groups. So today, in this article, we will learn about Pad Thai, one of the most popular street foods of Thailand.
What is Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is also known as Phad Thai or Phat Thai. Pad Thai is one of the most served street foods and you will find this in any restaurants. It would be n wrong to say, Pad Thai is the national food of Thailand. Made from saturated dried up rice noodles, Pad Thai recipe is blend-fried with eggs. Also firmly chopped tofu and some flavored pulp of tamarind along with the dried shrimps, red pepper and fish sauce is added into it. This food is served with palm sugar, roasted peanuts, and lime wedges. Probably, that’s why Pad Thai is very delicious.
However, Pad Thai can have further vegetables such as sprouts beans, turnips, garlic, pickled radish, and raw banana. Furthermore, it can also have crabs, chicken, fresh shrimps, squid, and other animal products. If we talk about red chili pepper, beans, lime slices, and cooked peanuts along with various fresh vegetables, these are the part condiments. It is not that you can have only nonveg for Pad Thai recipe instead you can have the complete vegetarian version of it. For vegetarian Pad Thai, soy sauce replaces fish sauce. However, the shrimp is excluded from the veg Pad Thai recipe.
How to make Pad Thai?
The method of preparing Pad Thai varies from people to people. But few things are common into it. Those things are soaked rice which is dried, slices of lime, crushed peanuts. There are many households that cook sweet Pad Thai recipe along with the sour touch. For the sweet taste, you can add brown sugar. And if you want to add sour taste as well then don’t forget to add a few drops of lime juice and little amount of vinegar.
The tofu and shrimps give a traditional taste to the Pad Thai but you can happily replace them with skinless and boneless chicken.
For cooking the Pad Thai, make sure to arrange all the ingredients, just to avoid the mushy look and feel. It would be advisable to use a carbon steel wok, whose bottom is flat. These are very light weighted and come at a reasonable price.
- To begin with the process, first of all, soak pulp of tamarind in about six tablespoons of lukewarm water. The pulp and water will mix to form a thick fluid.
- Put the wok on the stove and add two tablespoons of oil and heat it. Now, add shallots, fry them until they turn light brown.
- Now slowly and carefully, add the tamarind pulp and stir it. Heat it till the pulp starts reducing.
- After this, you need to add the palm sugar. Cook it by stirring in such a way that the sugar starts breaking up.
- After this, pour some fresh sauce and turn the flame on high. You will notice the sauce starts to thicken.
- Now take a bowl and transfer the mixture into the bowl. Keep it aside to set it for a few minutes. The recipe will be enough for 2-4 people. Therefore, make sure you use ingredients according to it.
- After this, you have to prepare the noodles. Following to which you will beat the scrambled eggs in the work. Once beaten, add the prepared noodles. Stir and fry the ingredients until noodles soften and eggs break.
- Furthermore, you need to add some fried prawns and turnips (dried one). Stir them till they get almost cooked.
- Now, add some sauce of Pad Thai and keep stirring. Stir until the noodles turn brown.
- After this, you can add bean sprouts and red chili pepper if you wish. Also, add some roasted and crushed peanuts.
- You are done with coking part. And now, it is time to serve. Take two serving plates and then transfer some of the noodles into the plates. Garnish with the lemon wedges to serve.
Enjoy munching this amazing and delicious recipe.