Science includes different topics that are divided into different branches. In class 7 science, students learn basic knowledge about different topics which can help them in further studies. Students learn about different concepts in class 7 science that help in better understanding of the same topics in higher standards. Therefore, students need to understand all concepts properly. There are a total of 18 chapters in class 7 science. In class 7, students can use NCERT books as they have enough information for learning about different topics. A few tips are also given here that will help students to make the best use of NCERT books:
- In science, when children start reading a chapter, they should pay attention to diagrams because diagrams are very important in science for understanding the text. Children can retain many things by just looking at the diagram. Students can also create their diagrams for easy understanding of a concept in science. Practicing diagrams is also important for class 7 science because, in the exam, students will surely get diagram-based questions. Therefore, they should know the proper labeling of all the diagrams given in every chapter to score good marks
- Students should try to find examples for creating a mental image. For example, sour foods taste sour because of the presence of acid. It may be difficult for the students to remember this concept. But, if they think about lemon it is simple to understand and easy to remember that acids and sour are related to each other.
- Science is about facts and children should try to dig deep for enhancing their knowledge. They should be curious to ask questions in the class. They should ask how and why questions for understanding the science concepts. Science is a very vast subject and students should elaborate on it as much as they can and should collect information from different sources for better understanding.
- Students should answer all the questions given at the back of every science chapter. If they do not find an answer to any question, they can refer to Vedantu NCERT science class 7 solutions.
- Science is a practical subject and it is easy to learn with practical applications. Parents can also help their children in learning science at home by showing them simple things. For example, parents can tell children about different types of food groups and which are important and healthy foods to eat.
- Solving numerical problems is also important for students to get good marks. Some numerical problems are given at the back of relevant chapters. They can practice extra numerical problems from the teacher’s notes.
Tips To Study Science At Home
During the pandemic, students are studying at home and for studying science, they should look at the three most important things which include terms, concepts, and visual aids.
Terms: Science has different terms and in class 7 students need to understand the terms. Students can find important terms at the end of each chapter. They can write and learn these terms in a notebook and can refer to them during the exams.
Concepts: Science has different concepts and it is important to understand different concepts. For example, the water cycle is a process and it has different terms. Students have to understand the whole process of the water cycle and learn the different terms used in the whole process. The heading of the topic can help students to understand what the whole paragraph is about.
Visual Aids: Visual aids include diagrams and graphs given in a chapter. Visual aids are very useful for easy understanding of a given topic. Children can also make an easier drawing on their own to understand the topic.
Chapters Covered In Class 7 Science
The chapters covered in class 7 science include the following:
- Nutrition in Plants: This is the first chapter and covers the mode of nutrition in plants.
- Nutrition in Animals: This chapter covers how animals get their food and how they are dependent on plants for getting energy.
- Fibre to Fabric: This chapter teaches about different fibres such as wool, cotton, rayon, silk, etc, and they are obtained.
- Heat: It teaches the concepts of heat and how heat is measured.
- Acids, Bases, and Salts: It includes information about different acids, bases, and how both can combine to form salts.
- Physical and Chemical changes: It includes information about physical and chemical changes and their properties.
- Weather, Climate, and Adaptations of Animals to Climate: It teaches the variations in climate and adaptation of animals to climate change.
- Winds, Storms, and Cyclones: It teaches students about different calamities and how do they occur.
- Soil: This lesson is about soil and its properties.
- Respiration in Organisms: In this chapter, students will learn about the process of respiration, how it occurs in different organisms.
- Transportation in Plants and Animals: In this lesson, students will learn about the transportation of food and other materials in plants and animals. It also includes information about blood, different blood vessels, and the structure of the heart.
- Reproduction in Plants: In this chapter, children will learn about how plants reproduce.
- Motion and Time: This lesson includes information about different types of motion and how to calculate speed.
- Electric Current and its effects: This chapter tells about basic information about electric current and its different effects.
- Light: It is an interesting chapter as it teaches about the formation of images and daily life phenomena.
- Water- A Precious Resource: In this chapter, students will learn everything about water. They learn about the importance of water and how we can save it.
- Forests our Lifeline: This lesson tells students about the importance of forests in our lives and how forests are depleting.
- Wastewater Story: This lesson also teaches about water as the main resource on the earth.
Reading every lesson is important for the students. They should read every chapter 2-3 times for better understanding. They can also make notes of important points from every chapter for a quick revision during the exams. NCERT is sufficient for preparation as they can gain enough information and knowledge from the book.