Is Engineering is your passion? If “yes” what are you waiting for? You just have to concentrate on your JEE Main entrance test. Dedication and hard work are the keys to unlock the door of opportunities. Be the game-changer by giving your 100% in JEE Mains. But due to the current pandemic, lockdown 4.0 is imposed. This has delayed all exams, including JEE Main 2020.
With the exam being delayed, the roll-out of JEE Main Admit Card is also running behind schedule. The exam is now scheduled for multiple dates in July (18 to 23). For latest updates follow the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in/ regularly.
What is JEE Main?
It is a computer-based online exam organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for the aspirants who want to opt for undergraduate courses in top-known engineering colleges in India.JEE Main assist students in granting admission in NITs, CFITs, IITs, and other Government technical institutes. So, if you want to take admission in the top engineering colleges, you have to score well in the test. For the April session, MHRD Minister Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal has conducted a live session to clear all doubts about the important dates of JEE Main. The number of JEE Main 2020 aspirants to attempt JEE Advanced has been increased to 2,50,000.
The latest updates of JEE Main Admit Card
- NTA has postponed the release of JEE Main Admit Card 2020 for the April entrance test. The agency will soon release the new date for the admit card.
- As per the official notification, JEE Main admit card 2020 for April session will be released 15 days prior to the conduct of the examination.
- The candidates can easily download the admit card for the JEE Main 2020 front official website. For downloading, You have to visit the official website of JEE, and you need to fill up all the details like your application number, password, date of birth, and security pin.
- In case of any issue faced, candidates can reach out the helpdesk of JEE Main.
- Your admit card plays a crucial role in the JEE examination. So, you must carry it to the examination centre.
- NTA has issued a notice on April 14, 2020, dismissing fake claims that in the first week of July, JEE Main will be conducted.
The admit card of JEE Main 2020 must have the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll Number
- JEE Main exam centre address
- State of eligibility, etc
JEE Main 2020 applicants must preserve your admit card as it is an essential document. And, it will be required at every step of the admission and counselling process.
Note – Those applicants who won’t carry their admit card will not be permitted to give the exam at the examination hall.
JEE Main 2020 Dates
To check out all the essential details regarding JEE Main 2020, follow the below table and gain all the necessary information regarding JEE main entrance dates and events
- Registration open: 19th May 2020 to 24th May 2020
- Availability of JEE Main admit card: 1st Week of July
- JEE Main Entrance test: Tentative dates – 18th July to 23rd July
How to download the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card?
Now, easily download the admit card from JEE official website. The process to download the admit card is explained below:
- Applicants open the official JEE Main 2020 website
- Click your fingertip on the login tab of JEE Main admit card
- You have to opt one of the two options.
- Download admit card by password and application number
- Download admit card through the date of birth and application number
- Choose the option according to your convenience
- Fill the password/date of birth, the application number, and security code
- Once you filled all the details, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download the admit card, print and save it
Let’s move ahead and discuss all the crucial details that should be there in your JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
The essential details mentioned in the admit card of JEE Main 2020
- Candidate’s name
- Application number
- Roll no of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Course opted
- Date of birth
- State of Eligibility
- Photograph of the candidate
- PwD Status
- Exam city and examination centre code
- Date and shift of exam
- Paper ( Paper-1/ Paper-II/ Paper-III)
- Signature of parent and candidate
- Important instruction
Common Mistakes found in JEE Main Admit Card 2020
JEE Main 2020 admit card might have some discrepancies. These could be related to applicants’ personal information or examination centres. However, to avoid any mistake in the card, students must check the below details.
- Name of the candidate
- Paper details
- Date of birth
- Examination Centre name
- State code
- Candidate Category
Candidate must report discrepancies in JEE Main admit card otherwise –
- Candidates will not be able to give the exam
- NTA will not do any corrections in the future
Which documents need to carry along with admit card for JEE Main 2020?
Apart from JEE Main admit card, students must carry one of the following to the test centre.
- You must take one passport size photograph (same which you have uploaded on the JEE main application form). This photo you have to paste on the space in the attendance sheet at the examination centre during your JEE Main.
- Even, you should carry a PwD certificate if you are there in the PwD category.
- The authorized Photo IDs must be valid and original (non-expired)
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Aadhar Card ( with the photograph)
- Ration Card
Instructions for examination day mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card 2020
- The aspirant will not be permitted to carry a pen/pencil in the exam hall.
- Blank paper sheets for the rough work and pen/pencil will be given to you in the exam room.
- Diabetic students can get their eatables like sugar tablets/ fruits and water bottles. No prepared food is allowed.’
- Candidates can only give exam at their allotted examination centre
- Watch is not allowed
- No candidate will allow entering the examination centre premises after the exams start
- You cannot leave the examination hall before the closure of the exam
- JEE Centre will not be changed at any request, such request from the candidate will not be entertained
So, JEE Main is the key to mark your presence in the top-known engineering colleges. If you have already registered for JEE Main 2020 April exam, follow the official website regularly for updates. You are also aware of the fact that India is fighting the battle against Covid-19. Under this lockdown, the April exam candidates can put in your efforts by sitting at home and doing studies. So, work hard, stay fit and achieve your dream!