The first aid kits are principal for giving significant assistance in medical treatment. One can opt for them at the home, office, school, or anywhere, where there are chances for accidents. It is used for treating minor injuries, cuts, or abrasions. And if the medical items are exhausted, so many first aid kit refills and suppliers are available in Australia. If one organises them efficiently, they can be easily accessible at the proper time.
The prime contents of the first aid kit are Plaster, sterile gauze, creams and sprays for skin rash and insect bites, Thermometer for temperature checking, Eyewash and eye solution for proper maintenance of eyes, gloves, scissors, tweezers, etc. The number of first aid kits required is based on the number of people in a working place. And every first aid kit has a first aid booklet that gives all the essentials about choosing the right first aid tool or where to apply it.
Mandatory items in a first aid kit
- Adhesive dressings: These strips are prime for cuts and injuries in the body.
- Defibrillator: It is opted for in the case of a cardiac arrest. The device produces an electric shock to the heart to change the abnormal heartbeat.
- Triangular bandages: These are used to hold splints and to restrict motion.
- Disposable gloves: It is used to avoid the contamination of the wound. And also, this prevents the risk of infection in the open wound.
- Antiseptic solution: It is significant to prevent the growth of infections in the cuts. An infection may make the cuts more dangerous.
- Saline: Saline is basic among all the items for rinsing wounds.
Keeping a first aid room has the same importance as having first aid kits. First aid room equipment involves a daybed, examination couch, wheelchair, stretcher, and trolley, etc. Having the first aid kits readily available is a great thing, but you also have to make sure that the people that will be using the first aid kit would know how to properly use them. You can undergo training with first aid in Hamilton to ensure that everything goes smoothly in times of emergencies.
Types of first aid kits
- Burns kit: This burns kit contains the essential things for treating burn injuries. In addition to the ordinary things, it needs more sterile supplies, gel, and specialised dressings. It is significant to keep in houses for the kitchen environment as well as the workplace. So this is a type of workplace first aid kit.
- Fire extinguisher kit and eyewash kit: These contain fire protection devices. It is employed for buildings involving offices and residences. The eyewash kits are used to sterilise the eyes after exposure to harmful substances. They are mainly used in schools, chemical labs, and industries.
- Outdoor and sports kit: Australia supports a lot of sports and outdoor activities. During outdoor leisure activities and sports, there may be high chances of having accidents. So having a first aid kit is significant.
- Vehicle first aid kit: Having a vehicle first aid kit plays a vital role in travelling. Most cars come with inbuilt first aid kits, so there is no difficulty in preparing a special one. If any medical items are outdated or missing, the first aid kit refills support to maintain this.
How to store and where to place a first aid kit
For maintaining longevity, it is important to store it in a cool and dry place. It is better to be stored in a place that everybody can access in an emergency. Check the expiry date of each item and replace them without delay.