Table of Contents
Exercise is a physical activity that maintains your physical fitness and overall health. It builds your muscles work and requires your body to burn calories. It is properly planned, structured, and repetitive to perform the body. Regular physical activity can improve your muscles’ strength and boost your energy. There are varieties of physical activities such as swimming, running, jogging, walking, and dancing, which you can opt for your ab exercises at home. Being always active has been shown to have many physical and mental health benefits.
THE BEST AB EXERCISES AT HOME THAT YOU CAN DO WITHOUT EQUIPMENT
There is having only one body part that you should not be struggling to train at home, and that is the abdominals. The best part of ab exercises at home is the one that works more than just one part of your abdominal muscles. And there are multiple layers of muscles that make up the full abdominal wall. And even though you really feel them, they are really important for keeping our whole body strong and more stable.
1. Leg Raises: It is one of the easiest forms of ab exercises at home which need some things.
- You keep lying flat on your back with your legs stretched out and your toes should be pointed. You place your hands under your glutes for extra support.
- Keep slowly raising your feet to a foot off the ground and then slowly lowering them back.
- Don’t touch your feet to the ground again until you finish the exercise.
- It can be done through reps. Start with 15 reps-controlled reps for 2-4 sets.
2. Crunch: It is another form of ab exercises at home which require the following procedure.
- Just lay flat on your back and your knees should be bent and feet flat on the floor. You keep your hands up by your forehead.
- Keep contracting your abdominal muscles and bring your ribcage close to your hips. Your entire lower back should be on the floor.
- Squeeze tight and keep returning to the start position with your back flat on the ground.
- You have to perform 3 sets of 10-20 reps to start, then increase the reps as you progress.
- Keep assuming a press-up position, except place your forearms on the ground with clenched fists at about the same position as your shoulders.
- Keep brace the body and hold the position
- Hold for 3 sets of 30 seconds to start with, then increase the time as you will get the best. And rest for the same amount of time that you worked.
4. Mountain Climbers
- Keep assuming the press-up position.
- You keep bringing your right knee up to your chest. You keep touching the ground with the ball of your right foot
- Repeat this motion with your left leg simultaneously bring your right leg to the starting position.
- Perform 20 on each leg starting with 4 sets each.
5. Hollow holds
- You lay flat on your back with your feet. Your arms should be stretched out vertically over your head.
- Contract your core to keep raising your feet and arms around 8 inches.
- Hold for 20 secs to start and then complete it with 3 sets.