You go to an appliance shop. Then what do you do? You test the appliance first and then bring it home. Now, replicate this action to the situation when you want to develop a mobile application for your business and plan to roll it out in the market. Even before the application is rolled out at the play store, the developers test it on various grounds, allowing them to use it. Finally, only with the client’s approval, the mobile application is made available to the public.
This action plan indicates the importance of thorough and unbiased mobile application testing. Some developers perform tests in-house, or others may outsource it to professional mobile app testing services. Here is a list of factors that the Mobile App Testing Service considers while testing the mobile application on various fronts.
It does not mean that the app has to be rocket science-level complicated just because it is mobile. It is quite evident that mobile phones are available to people of all age groups. Thus, the interface, as clean as it can be, is an excellent aspect to test. While testing, the mobile app testing services try to find answers to questions, such as:
- How easily and quickly the app answers the users’ questions
- How elaborately it offers the features – for example, is it a one-stop solution? Or catering to a specific problem?
- How engaging its features are – Does the user get to do various things like share, vote, respond, provide feedback
- Does it have all easy inputting methods? – voice as well as type, and so on.
Responsiveness testing is essential for understanding if the mobile application is device compatible. Mobile applications should be easily and tastefully accessible on all mobile devices like laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. It should also be reachable to those who access applications as a web app on desktops, etc.
The device compatibility factor is assured by the use of native and hybrid mobile application frameworks. According to the budget permissibility, companies use native or hybrid apps to meet their operational objectives.
It is where the whole crux of testing lies, isn’t it? A mobile application can prove its worth only by delivering performance, which in turn, is a function of:
- Capacity to tackle traffic load
- Ability to include lots of functionalities and user experience assuring features
- Acceptance of all media options, including graphics, AR/VR functionalities, doc upload facility, and several others.
- Ability to perform as it as anywhere, anytime, and at different functional loads.
Let’s move on now to another essential aspect to consider – security.
A secure mobile app means not vulnerable. There is nothing in a mobile application that can be rendered 100% vulnerability-proof. The mobile app testing services can suggest ways to fortify the fortress of the mobile apps. They come up with ideas like:
- Server protection: There is a mechanism in which the hackers can create a deluge of instructions to servers, making them unavailable to process real users’ commands or requests. Thus, an identification mechanism to track these spammers and stop them from wreaking havoc is an excellent service that mobile app testing experts provide to companies.
- Securing communication: The communication should remain strictly between the app owner and the user. It is validated through multiple-factor authentication, etc.
- Input validation: Miscreants can inject apps with various malicious information items. The testing is done to ensure that the app shields itself securely while communicating.
Other security concerns to test and take care of are insecure data storage, code security, and safe app access assurance.
Unmatched user experience
While testing the mobile app, assuring that the user gets the best experience is the top priority. The experience is defined by the immediacy with which the app solves the queries or serves customer needs. The customer experience is a function of:
- Quickness of service
- Ease of self-service
- Faster upload and download of information
- Lots of unexpected benefits.
Flexibility and scalability
The app needs to be tested on flexibility and scalability criteria too. Businesses never remain constant. There is always growth happening; it may be in a forward or backward direction. In case of increasing numbers, the app has to adjust its working at higher bandwidth or have more robust solutions to tackle increasing requests.
Also, the app needs to be quite flexible. It should be able to work with all devices, operating systems and embrace various functionalities. The change should always be a welcome idea for the app.
The factors mentioned above are necessary checks that mobile app testing services must include in their test and audit list. All these checks take place these days during the app development phase. Thus, the mobile app testing and development teams work in cooperation to ensure that the app is faster-to-market and fully yields the business’s objectives.