ICEGATE is an e-Commerce Portal of Indian Central Board of Excise and Customs, or CBEC is there to meet the necessary needs of the departments of Custom and Central Excise and different cargo service providers, traders and other people/clients which are related to these departments. They use this for various purposes, and it is also helpful in different kinds of documentation that takes place between license providing and other regulatory bodies.
People use ICEGATE after registering on it for various purposes like consol manifest, general import manifest, export, and import. One can upload all kinds of documents and do filings details related to these fields through email and make transactions of any kind.
Advantages of ICEGATE
ICEGATE is very important in the registration of import/export documents that are done online. It helps exporters and importers keep track of the status of their filings and provides other such information. Trading partners (cargo service providers, clients, and traders collectively) can use ICEGATE to clarify their queries online, and they also receive replies online. If someone has a valid ICEGATE ID, it becomes effortless to do things like filing shipping bills, entry bills, and other items online by just using a single email ID.
What are the things that it provides?
- One can make any online payments related to customs duties and can also receive any IGST refund online.
- One can file the details of the export and details of import online.
- Different types of custom documents can be registered, signed, and submitted through this.
How to register?
Anyone can visit the official site and then register as an exporter account himself there by going to the ‘Our Services’ column where a signup option is provided. If someone has an already registered account then, he can log in to his account to access various facilities provided by ICEGATE.
Let us now talk about the registration process step by step.
- After visiting the website and going to the signup option, you have to provide the details of your email id and ICEGATE to check if it is available.
- Once it is done, then you have to choose the role you will perform. There are various options under this section, like shipping agent, customs broker, airline, shipping line, and many others where you can choose the one you need.
- After choosing your role, then you have to verify the IEC from where all the details related to the exporter will be extracted from the IEC you entered.
- After doing this, the photo ID has to be uploaded and a Digital Certificate.
- When everything is done, select the confirm button and verify your email id through an OTP, which will be sent to your email address, and after doing this, your exporter account registration will be finished.
- After completing everything from your side, please wait for the approval of your account by them.
There is another option called simplified registration, which can also be used to get registered, and it does not require PAN card verification or uploading DSC. You can also use this as per your convenience.