What is NTES?
The back-end system of railways NTES (National Train Enquiry System) gives information to the public regarding the train schedules. These train schedules are on a real-time basis, and it provides information through Nationwide interfaces like the rail inquiry number, the mobile interfaces, the touch screen interfaces, the inquiry counters, and lastly, the display boards present at the railway stations.
The information and the technology arm of the railways, known as CRIS Centre for Railways Information System, had launched this application. NTES can be used for various inquiries like train timings etc.
Because of this, the rail users can get information like the expected arrival and the departure timing of the train they wish to see. The best part is that all this information is available on mobile phones. Apart from the schedule, the user can check the position of the train on a real-time basis.
The train system got enhances all thanks to CRIS
The Centre for Railways Information System is the reason behind the advancement in the railways and train inquiry. They have strengthened this by developing this mobile and desktop application. This app is available on Windows 8. In September 2013, an interface of the NTES website with the mobile version was launched. This feature is handy for passengers.
Also Read: Longest Rail and Road Tunnels in India
Features of NTES
- The NTES application comes with a lot of features. One of the best features is the Spot Your train feature. This feature gives out the information like the current position of the train, the expected time of the arrival, and the departure of the train at the particular station.
- The feature of ‘Train Schedule’ gives out the schedule of the train; it also includes the stopes which the train makes and the scheduled arrival/ departure of the train at the station. it also provides the day count.
- In the trains between stations query, the user will be able to find out the trains that are available between any two stations.
- The NTES mobile application has another provision, and that is “Cancelled Trains” through this option, all trains that have been cancelled will be displayed. In the cancelled Train option, the entire route of the Cancelled Train will be available. Also, the information regarding the cancelled trains which have been cancelled in the partial course is also visible.
- The NTES application also gives the query of the rescheduled and the trains that have been diverted.
Availability of the NTES app
The NTES application is a free application that is available for all the phones, be it Android or windows or iPhone.
The NTES application is beneficial. In this article, I have tried to cover the entire knowledge regarding the NTES app. I hope this article answered all your queries and was helpful.