Town of Salem is a pretty awesome browser-based game. It challenges the player to lie convincingly to other players and you have to detect others’ lie too. There can be 7 to 15 players. And these players are randomly divided into divisions – Mafia (or the so-called bad guys), Town (or the so called good guys), Serial killers, Arsonists, and Neutrals. The Town members have to track down mafia members before they kill you. But the thing is you don’t know who is who means you have to work out and find who is a Town member and who is a mafia member. And if you are one of those Serial Killers, you have to kill Town members at the night and avoid getting caught. It is a fun play after all.
Now if you have played Town Of Salem, then you must know Whispering makes a great deal of difference when it comes to spilling secrets or safeguarding your little secrets.
Living players can whisper to each other, but the catch is that they can do it only during the day. Other players will not know what you have whispered but they will know whom you have whispered to. However, only a Blackmailer can read the whispers even if he has been dead.
You can whisper in the following ways,
- You have to write in chat, “/w” (player number or player name) (Type your message for them).
- Write, “/pm (player number or player name) (Type your message)”
- You may also use the “/whisper” command to whisper. But always make sure there’s a space between the command and the name number or name.
Few Examples to clear your doubt-
/w John Smith Do you know that I am the Sheriff!!
/whisper 5 HoHo!! I am the Sheriff.
/pm 5 I am the Sheriff.
However, you recommend you to use the player’s number instead of their name because not only it will save your time but also it ends the risk of sending the message to someone else having a similar name. Whisper carefully as other players may get suspicious about you.
You will also not be able to whisper (or talk) to someone else during the day once you are blackmailed or dead.
A Mayor who has been revealed cannot whisper or be whispered to by someone else.
- You can form an alliance with a confirmed town member against the Mafia. This is mostly done with a resurrected Town member as their role has been confirmed by their resurrecting.
- If you happen to be Town Investigate, you can too form alliances with confirmed town members and ask for their help to reveal someone evil. You can ask them to whisper their role to you, but always be careful as the opposite person can be lying.
Mafia may suspect that you are a Town member if you are initiating a whisper and they may target you.
- If you are a Jester you can whisper misinformation to each other or use the failed whispers technique to confuse the other players about your role. But you will probably be killed by a Vigilante or Jailor in the night.
- The Town Investigators may pay you a visit at night if your whispers attract a lot of attention. You may also give away your information to any blackmailer. You have to be aware and know if there is any Blackmailer around the town.
Hope this helped you. Thanks.